Marking Period 3
1) Visit www.rapcs.org, click on Teacher Pages > Ms. Henderson
Read the Welcome Letter!
Have a parent or guardian email email@example.com, with any questions.
2) Research Journal and/or sketchbook keeping, online or through conversations with others. Has anyone you have known kept a sketchbook? Ask at home! Write down your findings and turn in for a grade!
3) Use value (one color, of various tints and shades) to decorate one piece of paper.
Value : an Element of Art that describes the lightness or darkness of a surface or a color.
4) Research optical illusion art. Select an op artist or work of op art and write one paragraph.
5)Create an original piece of op art.
6)Draw a room of your house in one point perspective. You may draw an imaginary room, as well.
Marking Period 4
1)Extra Credit ONLY: Create an original mandala, while listening to music.
2)Create your personal subway art. Use line, color, and shape in your design.
3)Research Charities – find a charity you would donate to. Write the information down about the charity and why you chose it. Why is it important?
4) Collect items for your cardboard game. Include all parts!!! Refer to this list for ideas: https://s3.amazonaws.com/scschoolfiles/631/50naturalandrecycledmaterials.pdf
5)Continue to collect items for your cardboard game. Include all parts!!! Refer to this list for ideas: https://s3.amazonaws.com/scschoolfiles/631/50naturalandrecycledmaterials.pdf
6)Write about your favorite game. Why did you choose it? Why do you like it? Explain why art is important for this game.
7) Complete any missing work before grades close.