Marking Period 3
1) Visit www.rapcs.org, click on Teacher Pages > Ms. Henderson
Read the Welcome Letter!
Have a parent or guardian email email@example.com, with any questions.
2) Research Journal and/or sketchbook keeping, online or through conversations with others. Has anyone you have known kept a sketchbook? Ask at home! Write down your findings and turn in for a grade!
3) Use value (one color, of various tints and shades) to decorate one piece of paper.
Value : an Element of Art that describes the lightness or darkness of a surface or a color.
4) Research optical illusion art. Select an op artist or work of op art and write one paragraph.
5)Create an original piece of op art.
6)Draw a room of your house in one point perspective. You may draw an imaginary room, as well.
7)Free Draw! (complete a drawing of your choice)
Marking Period 4
1) Extra Credit ONLY: Create an original mandala, while listening to music. – DUE THE WEEK OF APRIL 23-27
2)Find an artist that shares your ideas or images. • Write down or email the artist’s name and why you chose him/her. • Challenge: Teach me something!!!! – DUE THE WEEK OF MAY 7 – 11
3) Collect objects and begin the planning of your sculpture. – DUE THE WEEK OF MAY 14 – 18
4)Pick a sculpture and write the artist’s name, title, and why you chose it. Email or bring in to me. – DUE THE WEEK OF MAY 21 – 25
5)Research critiques. Look them up online, look up videos, look up definitions, check out a museum review, or art critic. Write about what you find and turn it in for grading. – DUE THE WEEK OF MAY 28 – JUNE 1
6)Complete any missing work before grades close. – DUE THE WEEK OF JUNE 4/8