|In order to participate in the 8th Grade Move Up Ceremony, each 8th grade student must be passing major subjects and complete a 1,500 word essay. Students must choose to answer one of the following essay questions. Each essay will be checked for word count and to ensure that the essay is free from any plagiarism. Please make certain that the essay meets the criteria below:
Answer only one of the following three (3) questions:
- As a learner, what are your areas of strength, improvement and passions as you progress from the 8th grade to high school?
- This year, you had the opportunity to experience college life and see that going to college is in your future, if you choose to attend college, what steps will you have to take to be successful in order to become a college graduate?
- Imagine the life you would like to be living 10 years from now. In a well-organized narrative, describe the life you intend to be living? Include where you will live, what you will be doing for a living, hobbies, etc.
Your essay must adhere to the following:
- Margins must be 1 inch for top, bottom and sides
- Must be in 12-point font and double spaced
- Final submitted essay must be free of errors and neatly presented and answer the question completely
- Documents must include proper heading (name, section and date)
- Submitted document will be reviewed for authenticity. Evidence of plagiarism will result in loss of eligibility
We have already received quite a few essays over the past week or so. Students have had more than two(2) weeks to complete this assignment. We look forward to reading your child's essay and to a wonderful Move Up Celebration!
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Monday, May 28, 2018 no later than 5:00 PM.