Marking Period 3
1) Visit www.rapcs.org, click on Teacher Pages > Ms. Henderson
Read the Welcome Letter!
Have a parent or guardian email firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
2) Research Journal and/or sketchbook keeping, online or through conversations with others. Has anyone you have known kept a sketchbook? Ask at home! Write down your findings and turn in for a grade!
3) Use value (one color, of various tints and shades) to decorate one piece of paper.
Value : an Element of Art that describes the lightness or darkness of a surface or a color.
4) Research optical illusion art. Select an op artist or work of op art and write one paragraph.
5)Create an original piece of op art.
6)Draw a room of your house in one point perspective. You may draw an imaginary room, as well.
Marking Period 4
1)Extra Credit ONLY: Create an original mandala, while listening to music.
DUE WEEK OF APRIL 23 – 27
2)Create your personal subway art. Use line, color, and shape in your design.
DUE WEEK OF MAY 7- 11
3)Research Charities – find a charity you would donate to. Write the information down about the charity and why you chose it. Why is it important? DUE WEEK OF MAY14 - 18
4) Collect items for your cardboard game. Include all parts!!! Refer to this list for ideas: https://s3.amazonaws.com/scschoolfiles/631/50naturalandrecycledmaterials.pdf – DUE WEEK OF MAY 21- 25
5)Continue to collect items for your cardboard game. Include all parts!!! Refer to this list for ideas: https://s3.amazonaws.com/scschoolfiles/631/50naturalandrecycledmaterials.pdf – DUE WEEK OF MAY 29- JUNE 1
7) Complete any missing work before grades close. DUE WEEK OF JUNE 4-8