Copy and Paste the following into Microsoft word. When finished, email to email@example.com
Or create a google doc, name it “Your name, section, Puberty,” and share with firstname.lastname@example.org
1.____________________ is when a child changes into an adult.
2. You will grow _________________ than any other time in your life.
3. ______________________ goes through puberty.
4. Typically, boys begin puberty between the ages of ____ and ____, but everyone is ________________.
5. The brain releases a special ________________ called _______________ to signal the start of puberty.
6. The male hormone,____________________, causes the body to mature and to prepare for reproduction.
7. List 3 changes that occurs during puberty________________________________________________
8. The _____________________ are the primary reproductive organs. Their two most important functions are producing _________________________ and secreting the hormone _________________.
9. Growth of the testes is the ______________ physical sign of puberty in boys.
10. Testosterone helps to maintain a feeling of ______________________, helps maintain healthy ______________________ and _______________, and maintain sex drive, sperm ____________, and fertility.
11. When _______________ combines with the egg, a new individual is created.
12. Sperm is made ___________________ ________once puberty is reached.
13. Semen is a fluid that comes out of the penis during _________________________.
14. An erection occurs when the spongy internal tissue in the penis is filled with ___________________.
15. The formal name for a wet dream is a ______________________________.
16. Masturbation should only occur in appropriate ______________________and _________________.
17. After a boy’s genitalia begins to grow, ________________ hair will grow shortly after.
18. Pubic hair is also referred to as _____________________________ hair.
19. There is a large ____________________in the amount of body hair among adult men, and significant differences in ______________________ and quantity of hair growth among ethnic groups.
20. Voice change is dependent on how large a boy’s _____________________________grows.
21. Compared to girls, height growth accelerates more ________________________and lasts ________________________ resulting in a taller adult stature than females.
22. ______________________and _________________________experience growth first followed by the arms and legs and finishing in the trunk.
23. By the end of puberty, adult men have __________________________bones and nearly ____________________________ as much skeletal muscle as women.
24. The secretion of oil, also called______________________________, from the skin can result in acne.
25. Males can get cancer of the testicles so it is important to do a _______________________________ once a month in the shower.
Hormones are raging May want to try more and riskier things
May have more conflict with parents Voice cracks
Might start thinking, “Who Am I?” – try to define yourself as a person
Wet dreams Muscle growth Voice deepens
Spontaneous erections Mood swings – you feel great one minute, and then really sad or angry the next
Anxiety and stress Peer pressure increases Might have hard time making up your mind
Feel unsure a lot Feel “paranoid” – everyone’s looking at/talking about you
More interested in being with friends Intense feelings Sweat starts to smell
Feel self-conscious about how your body looks
Start to become interested in others as more than friends/finding a boyfriend or girlfriend.