Create a google doc, copy and paste, and share with email@example.com
Using word doc, copy and paste, then email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1.Puberty is when a girl changes into a women and her body begins to ______________________.
2.Girls start puberty between the ages of _______________and _______________________.
3.The _____________ releases a hormone to start puberty called gonadotropin which reaches the pituitary gland.
4. The hormone that causes a girl’s body to mature and prepare for pregnancy is __________________.
5. Some girls will grow up to __________inches in one year.
6. Other changes occur besides height including bodies become ___________________and weight gain in the ___________________.
7. Hair will grow under the _________________and in _____________________areas.
8. The face may get __________________because of oil.
9.________________________is caused by overactive oil glands in skin and clogged pores.
10. Body will get wider, especially the ______________.
11. A ________________________ is part of a woman’s natural cycle, the menstrual cycle.
12. During a period a girl may experience pain below the waist called__________________, backaches, headaches, and be __________________________.
13. The menstrual cycle typically last ______________________days but could be shorter or longer.
All boys and girls will eventually go through puberty. Next to each change, mark down if it happens to a boy, a girl, or both.
Skin gets oily
Hair grows on face
Hair grows in armpits
Hair gets oily
Hair grows on genital
Sweat gland develops
Hips get wider
Shoulder gets wider
Start producing sperm
Penis grows bigger
Testicles get bigger
Body starts producing sex hormones
Erections happen for no reason
Sperm can be released from the penis
Start releasing eggs
Can become interested in having boyfriend or girlfriend
Friendships become more important
Sometimes feel lonely and confused
Want more independence
Concerned about appearance