Short Story Competition Rules
Submission Date: December 8, 2022
1. Entries must be a fictional short story of up to max 800 words on any theme.
- 5th Grade - 300 to 400
- 6th Grade - 400 to 500
- 7th Grade - 500 to 600
- 8th Grade - 600 - 800
2. Entries must be a Word Document, double spaced and page numbered with the title on each page.
3. All entries must be the original work of the Author and include the following:
- Story must take place in your neighborhood
- A day/event must take place at Richard Allen Preparatory Charter
- Stories can be: action, adventure, comedy, detective, drama, dystopia, fable, fantasy, history, mystery, science fiction, or supernatural
- Can include original artwork (NOT REQUIRED)
4. The Author's name must not appear as a title or in the body of any page other than the author information page.
5. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
6. Do keep a copy of your entry, manuscripts cannot be returned.
7. The judges’ view is final and will be announced by December 20th.
8. Entries may be made by E mail as a Word document (pdfs cannot be accepted), or by post.
9. Top 10 entrants will be offered the opportunity to have their stories included in a Richard Allen Preparatory Collection of Short Stories.
10. Receipt of all entries will be acknowledged by e-mail or by letter. Please remember to check your RAPCS email.
Please submit all entries via email to Ms. Brown - [email protected]